Concrete actions in the service of our strategic ambitions
Crédit Mutuel Alliance Fédérale is committed to taking into account climate imperatives in the conduct of all its activities. Taking into account environmental, economic and social issues is one of the main focuses of its 2019-2023 strategic plan ensemble#newworld and is concentrated around major decisions.
- Loans to improve the energy performance of buildings: zero interest rate eco-loans.
- Eco-Mobility offer for private individuals and professionals to support our customers and members in the ecological transition and to satisfy their needs for electrical mobility (financing and leasing of hybrid or electric vehicles)
- Solidarity savings products, including the Livret d'Epargne pour les Autres, which has the Finansol label, and the Livret de Développement Durable et Solidaire (refers to the Sustainable and Solidarity Development Savings Passbook).
Professionals & Businesses
- Supporting our clients' innovative projects in the field of sustainable development with the Transition loan range :
- Accelerating the ecological transition of businesses : " Energy Transition Loan "
- Strengthening the CSR approach of companies : " CSR Transition Loan "
- Accompanying the transformation of economic models : " Digital Transition Loan "
- Solutions to meet their electric or hybrid mobility needs
In the area of insurance
- Car insurance that encourages eco-responsible behaviour and home insurance that covers renewable energy installations.
- Life insurance with SRI-labelled unit-linked products that respect the environment and good social practices.
Crédit Mutuel Asset Management invests in socially responsible management through the creation of fund ranges and the labelling and integration of environmental, social and governance criteria into its funds.
Renewable energy projects
The outstandings for renewable energy projects (cumulative authorizations) at the end of December 2019 reached €1.6 billion, comprised mainly of onshore and offshore wind projects, solar and biomass, i.e. a 22 % increase compared to the end of 2018.
In 2019, the CIC subsidiary's Project Financing Department financed 39 projects including 24 in renewable energies, which are broken down as follows:
- 11 onshore wind turbine farms totaling more than 1,700 MW,
- 5 offshore windfarm projects in Europe representing more than 2,800 MW,
- 8 solar projects with a total capacity of 525 MW.
Added to this :
- The financing of 11 infrastructure projects including two high-speed lines and a fiber network in France, an airport in Croatia, motorways in Portugal, underground railways in Spain and in Australia.
- The financing for almost 2,500 renewable energy projects to assist customers in the professional, private, agricultural and business markets.
Crédit Mutuel Loire-Atlantique and Centre-Ouest provided financing for a farm of nine wind turbines to produce electricity for almost 4,300 homes. A solar farm was also built to provide electricity for 3,000 homes.